Just when you thought the tropical islands of the South Pacific couldn’t get any hotter, with their stunning scenery and warm welcoming locals, they have welcomed two pretty big-name celebrities.
Photos of Zac Efron kicking back in a dugout canoe cruising down a river in Papua New Guinea’s Sepik region have emerged and let’s just say, he makes roughing it look good. Having just returned from Papua New Guinea for the Baining Firedance Festival myself, I know just how amazing the country is.
As I follow the Instagram account @papuanewguineans after my recent trip, I was pleasantly surprised to see Zac also enjoying what this incredible country has to offer. Looking rather handsomely rugged and relaxed, he allowed a few snaps with his guide to share on the Instagram account.
Papua New Guinea is a destination that ranked this year as one of the top spots for undertourism according to Intrepid Travel, so it is no wonder Zac found some peace and quiet here in this culturally diverse and beautifully raw country.
Papua New Guinea tour company, South Sea Horizons, owner Alan Manning said he was not surprised the actor had found his way to explore the area.
“Papua New Guinea has seen a number of celebrity visitors including Matthew McConaughey, Mick Jagger and Ronan Keating. It is one of those destinations that does attract high profile celebrities seeking the more intrepid experience,” Alan Manning revealed.
Will Smith was also spotted touching down in Tanna, Vanuatu, where he was greeted at the airport by locals and looked pretty damn happy to be there. And why wouldn’t you, as the volcanic island of Tanna is an extraordinary place also, with its sublime secluded beaches and some of Vanuatu’s most intriguing traditional village life.
It is good to see both Will and Zac venture to this corner of the globe and if they want to share travel stories over a beer in Australia, I am all in. Just DM me on instagram @TravellerKate
- Viking launches expedition voyages - January 16, 2020
- The Baining Firedance Festival in PNG - January 10, 2020
- Make 2020 the year you trek mountain gorillas - January 2, 2020
- Zac Efron and Will Smith heat up the Pacific - December 10, 2019
- FLIGHT REVIEW: AirAsia – Sydney to Male - December 1, 2019
- Plaza Premium Group Expands in Sydney - November 16, 2019
- Samui Elephant Sanctuary wins ‘Responsible Thailand’ award - November 16, 2019
- Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda - November 16, 2019
- Exploring Rwanda’s Lake Kivu - November 16, 2019
- Hotel Review: Karongi Lake View Retreat - November 16, 2019