Backpacking can be a daunting experience, especially for first timers. There is that fear of have I taken enough, do I have too much, will it all fit in?
So it is important to choose a backpack that is right for you, size wise to fit all you need and comfort wise so you can actually walk with it on.
Captured Travel has road tested the latest Osprey Fairview 55L to see how well it performs and if it is a good choice for your next backpacking adventure.
Why you need it
From camping to hiking and all adventures in between, this pack can handle it with its durable fabric that can withstand decades of abuse. It is lightweight and streamlined but doesn’t compromise with plenty of organisation and travel-focused features. The zip-off daypack is handy as it provides additional storage and is perfect for carrying around town by itself. The stowaway harness and hipbelt disappears for safe keeping when you check your bag in, because nothing is worse than sorting straps to avoid damage.
A large panel zip provides convenient access to the main compartment, lockable sliders keep your gear secure, dual front compression straps slim down your pack when you carry less, and a padded laptop/tablet sleeve keeps your electronics secure.
Key features include the comfrtable fit – which comes from customisation to the wearer’s size and height, the harness stows away for safe keeping and protection from malicious baggage handlers and deploys quickly for any path or trail and the detachable daypack provides not only added storage but is ideal for day trips or carry-on when you don’t want to take the whole pack.
- Fairview packs come in 70L and 55L only
- Large panel zip access to main compartment
- Lockable sliders on main compartment zipper
- Dual front compression straps
- Dual front mesh pockets
- Heat-embossed scratch-free zippered slash pocket
- Padded top and side handles
- Stowaway backpanel, harness and hipbelt with zippered rear flap for protection
- Laptop and tablet sleeve secure in lockable compartment
- Two internal compression straps hold contents securely
- Internal front flap zippered mesh pocket
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Zip-off daypack with lockable zip main compartment
- Stowaway reverse spacer mesh harness
Why you will love it
First of all, the customisation makes a massive difference. This allows the pack to sit comfortably on your back in just the right position. Next is the compartments so you can easily access things like chargers, laptops etc, without digging through the whole pack. The day pack is prefect for short trips and added space. Last of all (and let’s admit it, it does count) it looks great. Gone are the days of ugly, chunky back packs, this is stylish and slick.
For more information visit www.osprey.com
- Discover Egypt - March 19, 2019
- What’s on in Western Australia - March 16, 2019
- PRODUCT REVIEW: Big W Travel Range - March 14, 2019
- Conservation tours that make a difference - March 13, 2019
- Discover Macao - March 12, 2019
- HOTEL REVIEW: LUX* Le Morne, Mauritius - February 16, 2019
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas joins IHG - February 15, 2019
- AirAsia adds Brisbane to Bangkok flights - February 11, 2019
- Discover Mauritius - February 7, 2019
- Mauritius’ most instagramable spots - February 5, 2019