Perched on the hillside and cascading down to the secluded shores of Bali’s southern coast is the Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa.
It is a haven of modern design with a touch of raw natural beauty, and where I will begin to enjoy this part of island paradise.
The location of this property is really what sets it apart from others in the area. Situated on Impossible Beach where the ocean’s waves caress the limestone cliffs with hidden caves, the resort is an escapists dream. Secluded hideaways from ocean front rooms to around the resort grounds reveal tranquil seascapes and breathtaking secrets.
The luxurious villas capture this with floor to ceiling glass windows and private pools with infinity views. There are 74 seaview suites or private pool villas scattered throughout the 1.7 hectares of unspoiled coastline resort, so you are sure to find your own private corner of this enchanting hideaway to call your own in whatever room type you select.
The choice of dinning starts with a spectacular 180 degree ocean views from the 360 Restaurant. This rooftop venue serves up Indonesian, Balinese and Western delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The gastronomic excellence of wonderful selection mixes with an atmosphere of simple elegance. SONO Teppanyaki bar is also located here where you can sample the very best of modern Japanese cuisine, accompanied by the sound of rolling ocean waves on the warming backdrop of the Bali sunset.
For an outdoor setting, select the Splash Pool Cliff Dining Retreat for a contemporary fusion style inspired lunch or dinner. Featuring popular western and bold local dishes, riveting Asian creations and tantelising Mediteranian cuisine, the Splash Pool Cliff Dinning is also the perfect spot to enjoy a wine, signature mixologist cocktail and watch the sun set over the horizon.
If you are looking for something more intimate, Anantara steps up the dining experience in the Dining by Design concept. Tailor made private dining offers a selection of fine dining menus. Alternatively you can collaborate with the Executive Chef to craft the ideal culinary sequence. Complementing the dining experience is the selection of setting and location to ensure a dream romantic dining evening.
The property boasts a Cliff’s-edge infinity swimming pool that overlooks the ocean and is the perfect place to escape the tropical heat. Anantara Uluwatu also has a fully equipped fitness centre and conference facilities for those business clients. For ultimate relaxation I can recommend a visit to the Anantara Spa. Reflecting a traditional Balinese rice barn, the spa offers ultimate tranquil relaxation to embark on a wellness journey including western and local practices and treatments.
Additional activities and local tours include Yoga Classes, Bicycle rental, Sunset temple tours with cultural performances, Surfing, Elephant trekking and other culture and nature excursions, Diving and other water sports, Indonesian and Western cooking classes, Balinese dance performance & lessons and for those who like to have a hit of golf, there is a golf course nearby.
- Book an ocean-view room as the view is spectacular and well worth the extra cost.
- There are a number of steps throughout the property so it is not suitable for guests with limited mobility.
- This property is suited for clients who want to be out of the main tourist areas of Bali as it is secluded and quiet.
- Surfers will love the close proximity to some of Bali’s best surf breaks at and around Uluwatu
For more details visit www.bali-uluwatu.anantara.com
Telephone: +62 361 895 7555
General Manager’s contact: Stephan Winkler, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plaza Premium Group Expands in Sydney - November 16, 2019
- Samui Elephant Sanctuary wins ‘Responsible Thailand’ award - November 16, 2019
- Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda - November 16, 2019
- Exploring Rwanda’s Lake Kivu - November 16, 2019
- Hotel Review: Karongi Lake View Retreat - November 16, 2019
- Discover Rwanda - November 16, 2019
- Hotel Review: Magashi Camp - November 16, 2019
- Hotel Review: Kigali Serena Hotel - November 16, 2019
- Hotel Review: Classic Lodge, Musanze - November 16, 2019
- The best of South Africa - September 4, 2019