Akagera Game Lodge stands on a hill at the southern tip of the Akagera National Park elevated above the savannah with exceptional views of the forest-fringed Lake Ihema.
One of the original and only lodges in Akagera National Park, the lodge is the perfect place to base yourself to explore the lake and national park.
The lodge is basic and slightly dated, but has everything you need. Ideal for families, couples and solo travellers, the lodge also offers 24-hour reception for guests that arrive early or late evening. From 1 November 2018, Akagera Game Lodge will not accept cash as payment for accommodation. Extra’s may be settled with cash, accommodation must be prepaid or settled with bank/credit cards. Terms and conditions apply when booking your accommodation, and all guests must comply with the rules of the Akagera National Park – view here.
Akagera Game Lodge comprises 60 ensuite guest rooms with balconies, Each room encompasses a contemporary African style with a comfortable work space and an ensuite bathroom with a shower. All rooms offer free WiFi access and feature a television with satellite channels. All rooms can be booked with twin beds or a double bed – ideal for single or sharing travellers.
The Shoebill Restaurant is the jewel of this lodge, overlooking the stunning Lake Ihema as the backdrop to the pool area. The restaurant is open to both in-house guests and day visitors. With the use of fresh, seasonal, and locally sourced produce, our chef adds a local twist to your favourite dishes. The Elephant Bar is the social hub of Akagera Game Lodge. It features a terrace with views across the lake and overlooking the pool area. Choose from a variety of light meals during the day and early evenings while enjoying your favourite beverage. To add to your experience, board games including Scrabble, Chess, Trivial Pursuit and Uno are available on request.
For more visit www.akageragamelodge.com
- Discover Egypt - March 19, 2019
- What’s on in Western Australia - March 16, 2019
- PRODUCT REVIEW: Big W Travel Range - March 14, 2019
- Conservation tours that make a difference - March 13, 2019
- Discover Macao - March 12, 2019
- HOTEL REVIEW: LUX* Le Morne, Mauritius - February 16, 2019
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas joins IHG - February 15, 2019
- AirAsia adds Brisbane to Bangkok flights - February 11, 2019
- Discover Mauritius - February 7, 2019
- Mauritius’ most instagramable spots - February 5, 2019