Virgin Australia has announced a partnership with the Australian Red Cross to support struggling farmers and communities who are affected by severe drought.
Passengers onboard Virgin Australia will be able to make donations in an effort to support Australian farmers who are affected by the severe drought conditions that are devastating the country at the moment.
According to Judy Slatyer, Australian Red Cross CEO, it is a very difficult time for drought-impacted farmers, their families and regional communities country-wide, and that the Red Cross see first-hand how hard it is for people with ongoing financial difficulties.
“We’re tremendously grateful that organisations such as Virgin Australia are supporting the Australian Red Cross appeal ‘Help Aussie Farmers’,” Ms Slatyer said.
“Farmers and their families are resilient people, though they have a hard road ahead coping with one of the worst droughts in the last century.
“We can all pitch in, even if it’s just a few dollars.”
The appeal is a great way to support farming families dealing with the impact of the drought, according to John Borghetti, Virgin Australia CEO.
“We know our team and many of our passengers feel very strongly about helping in times of need, and the funds collected on our flights and in our lounges and offices, will be donated to the appeal to support farming communities,” Mr Borghetti said.
“Virgin Australia flies to many destinations which are impacted by the drought, and as a proud Australian airline we want to harness the community spirit which brings us together in tough times.”
The Australian Red Cross appeal ‘Help Aussie Farmers’ is now available to all passengers onboard Virgin Australian flights.
- Adventure into Vanuatu - September 6, 2019
- Europcar in Australia Tops Car Hire Rankings in 2019 - August 24, 2019
- Fares to Europe drop below $999 - July 30, 2019
- Viking Announces Exciting New South America Cruise Itineraries - March 29, 2019
- New Qantas service connects Sunshine Coast to the world - March 28, 2019
- Fright-seeing Scotland’s Ghost Trail - October 29, 2018
- Whitsundays ranks as best island in region - October 25, 2018
- Nat Geo & Scenic River Cruise Partnership - October 24, 2018
- MSC Cruises enters ultra-luxury segment - October 19, 2018
- 5 Fun Facts about Canada - September 6, 2018