AirAsia has launched its latest destination push encouraging Australians to swipe right on Tinder and fall in love with the world’s most eligible destination – Malaysia.
The ‘Meet Malaysia’ campaign, which will roll out today in out-of-home, digital, in-app, radio and social channels comes as the airline prepares to move its Victorian operation from Melbourne Tullamarine to the cities new lower-cost airport Avalon, set to open later this year.
AirAsia Group Head of Brand Rudy Khaw said, “While more traditional destinations within Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam were well known by Australians, the opportunity to present Malaysia’s unparalleled luxury, epic landscapes and experiences was something we hoped travellers would consider next time they embark on a journey to Southeast Asia.
“This match-making exercise is a cheeky way of engaging Aussies curious to know more about Malaysia, from hiking Mount Kinabalu, swimming with sea turtles in Kuching to the smell of fresh laksa and street food in Penang.”
To coincide with the launch of today’s campaign the airline has also announced its support for the Rainforest World Music Festival 13-15 July, to be held in Sarawak, Malaysia.
Users who fall in love with Malaysia on Tinder will also go into the draw to win a return trip for two to Malaysia alongside a double pass to the Rainforest World Music Festival.
AirAsia has made low cost travel for Australians a reality, operating more than 35 flights per week from Australia to its hub in Kuala Lumpur, and onward connections to fifteen cities in Malaysia and more than 130 destinations across Asia Pacific, the Middle East and the US.
- Hot Air Ballooning on the Gold Coast - July 23, 2019
- Princess Cruises ranks in awards - July 23, 2019
- Scoot to move terminals in Singapore - July 23, 2019
- Singapore Airlines adds more Melbourne services - July 22, 2019
- New private journey Essential India - July 22, 2019
- Discover Texas - June 24, 2019
- Discover the Philippines - June 21, 2019
- Air Vanuatu flights direct Melbourne to Port Vila - June 19, 2019
- Rent Canon equipment with Kyōyū - June 19, 2019
- Kinosaki Onsen has a hot summer of events - June 19, 2019