Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas has become part of the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) family of brands.
IHG has been growing it’s number of luxury brands including InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Regent Hotels & Resorts and Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, with Six Senses adding 16 hotels and resorts, 37 spas and sister companies Evason and Raison d’Etre.
Following the acquisition Six Senses is now expected to grow to 60 hotels within the next 10 years.
“This is an exciting new era for Six Senses,” said Chief Executive Officer Neil Jacobs. “IHG believes in our purpose to merge the two platforms of wellness and sustainability to promote personal health, and the health of the planet. Joining forces with IHG means we can use a wealth of systems and operational excellence to grow our brand and reach new markets without losing our quirky personality and playful touch. It’s been a great pleasure to work with Pegasus over the last six years and we would never have reached this milestone without their vision and deep involvement.”
Over the next 12 months, Six Senses will open properties in surprising locations. From the private island of Krabey in Cambodia, a circuit of five lodges in Bhutan, to a 14th-century-old restored fort in Rajasthan.
The dream list also includes a desert hideaway in Israel’s Negev Desert, the transformation of a series of 19th-century mansions in Istanbul and the group’s first project in North America, a contemporary duo of twisting towers designed by Bjarke Ingles located in Manhattan’s West Chelsea neighborhood and along the High Line. Additional projects are currently under way in Austria, Brazil, Mainland China, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan and Thailand.
- WIN free flights for a year - October 12, 2019
- The best of South Africa - September 4, 2019
- Hotel Review: Simbavati River Lodge - September 4, 2019
- Tips for an ethical South African Safari - September 3, 2019
- Hotel Review: Sabi Sabi Selati Camp - September 3, 2019
- Which South African safari is right for you? - September 2, 2019
- Hotel Review: Wild Dogs Safari Lodge - September 1, 2019
- Scoot renames premium service to ScootPlus - August 24, 2019
- Photography tours to try this World Photography Day - August 19, 2019
- Product Review: Tesalate Towel - August 6, 2019