Scoot will operate from Singapore Changi Airport’s Terminal 1 (T1) from 22 October 2019, moving from its current operations from Terminal 2 (T2).
The move seeks to facilitate Scoot’s growth in the next few years. Since April 2019, the low-cost carrier has added eight new destinations in China, India, Laos and Malaysia to its network and is on track to launch nine more new routes by end of 2020.
As Scoot’s growth is expected to continue, customer experience will play an even bigger role, with check-in experience identified as one of the top three areas it wants to improve for passengers. Changi Airport remains committed to deliver a smooth and seamless passenger experience, even as it plans for greater capacity to meet growing demand for air travel.
Over the last five years, Changi Airport has undertaken upgrading works to expand the passenger handling capacity of T1. The Departure Hall has seen a new central zone for Fast and Seamless Travel (FAST) featuring automated check-in kiosks and bag-drop machines.
At the Arrival level, the Meeters and Greeters Hall has been expanded and is seamlessly integrated with Level 1 of Jewel Changi Airport. Two baggage claim belts have also been added to the original eight in the Baggage Claim Hall, of which two have been lengthened to handle more arriving passengers. With the opening of Jewel Changi Airport since April 2019, Scoot customers also enjoy early check-in at Jewel, up to 18 hours before their flight.
Scoot CEO Mr Lee Lik Hsin said, “Over the years, our network coverage has grown rapidly. Every touchpoint of our customers’ travel journey matters to us, and we strive to provide our growing customer base with enhanced efficiency from the moment they arrive at the airport. With the move, we hope to encourage more customers to use the expanded self-service facilities, to enjoy a quicker and more seamless check-in process.”
Terminal information on Scoot flights departing and arriving on 22 October 2019 will be available on changiairport.com and the iChangi app. All Scoot customers will be progressively updated from late July.
- Meditate to the sounds of Vanuatu - May 28, 2020
- Explore with Hurtigruten - May 4, 2020
- Visit Australia through these movies - April 8, 2020
- Hotel Review: Pullman Maamutaa Resort Maldives - February 1, 2020
- Hotel Review: Raffles Maldives Meradhoo - February 1, 2020
- Discover the Maldives - February 1, 2020
- Pullman Hotel opens in Rotorua - January 24, 2020
- Viking launches expedition voyages - January 16, 2020
- The Baining Firedance Festival in PNG - January 10, 2020
- Make 2020 the year you trek mountain gorillas - January 2, 2020