Scoot, Asia/Pacific’s Best Low Cost Airline for four consecutive years and the low-cost arm of Singapore Airlines (SIA), plans to spread its wings to its second European and third long-haul destination – Berlin – in the second half of 2018.
The four-times-weekly Singapore-Berlin flights will be operated with Boeing 787 Dreamliners, subject to regulatory approval. Berlin will be the SIA Group’s fourth destination in Germany, after Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Munich, which are operated by SIA.
Mr Lee Lik Hsin, Scoot’s Chief Executive Officer, said, “Scoot’s merger with Tigerair Singapore earlier this year has greatly strengthened our position, standing us in good stead to launch and sustain our long-haul operations. Athens has lived up to our expectations while bookings for Honolulu have been very promising. We are excited to bring our unique Scootitude to Berlin and can’t wait to launch those great value fares that Scoot is known for!” Scoot intends to launch sales for Berlin in the first quarter of 2018.
Germany is the largest economy in Europe, while Berlin is a hub within Europe for technological innovation and boasts a strong entrepreneurial and start-up culture. Berlin’s rich history is unsurpassed and it is also famed for its arts and culture, having been designated a “City of Design” by UNESCO in 2006 and included in UNESCO’s Creative Cities network.
Scoot’s current route network comprises 62 destinations across 16 countries, with services to Honolulu launching in December, and Kuantan flights commencing in February 2018. Scoot operates a fleet of 16 787 Dreamliners and 23 Airbus A320 family aircraft, with four more Boeing 787 Dreamliners and 39 Airbus A320neo aircraft on order
- Mantra Hotels on sale - May 13, 2019
- Trip.com offer family dream job in Fiji - May 3, 2019
- SilkAir launches flights to Busan - May 3, 2019
- Trip.com Launches TripPLUS Rewards Program for Members - April 24, 2019
- Discover Kyoto - April 23, 2019
- National Geographic and Scenic Release 2020 Program - April 21, 2019
- Discover Monaco - April 16, 2019
- Trip.com launches for all your travel needs - April 12, 2019
- Pullman Nadi Bay Resort & Spa to open in Fiji - April 11, 2019
- Adventure World launch new website - April 11, 2019