Scoot, the low-cost arm of Singapore Airlines, launched its inaugural flight from Singapore to Laos on Monday 1 April, marking the start of its three-times-weekly flights from Singapore to Luang Prabang and Vientiane.
With the addition of Laos, Scoot’s network now spans 67 destinations across 19 countries and territories, and it will be the only airline offering direct Singapore-Laos services. These routes were transferred from sister airline SilkAir, the regional wing of Singapore Airlines, and will be operated with Scoot’s A320 aircraft.
To celebrate Scoot’s maiden flight to Laos, traditional Laos music was played over the sound system in the aircraft and passengers onboard were tested on their knowledge of Laos and Scoot. Five lucky passengers walked away with prizes such as a SGD100 Scoot travel voucher, Scoot travel organiser, Laos travel guide, Scoot-in-Style lounge access, and a Scoot Nano Brick Aircraft and Control Tower Playset.
Upon landing at Luang Prabang Airport and Wattay International Airport in Vientiane, the A320 aircraft, named Yellow Tail, was greeted with a traditional water cannon salute at both airports. The flights operate on a circular routing departing from Singapore for Luang Prabang, followed by Vientiane, before heading back to Singapore.
Mr Vinod Kannan, Chief Commercial Officer of Scoot, said, “Laos is a hidden gem that is yet to be discovered by many and is the ideal destination for people looking to escape from the concrete jungle. With Vientiane and Luang Prabang joining our network, our customers now have more travel choices, and travellers from Laos can also explore more destinations around the world via Singapore.”
One-way tax-inclusive Economy FLY fares to Luang Prabang and Vientiane start from 125SGD and 100SGD respectively.
For more information, visit www.flyscoot.com.
- Meditate to the sounds of Vanuatu - May 28, 2020
- Explore with Hurtigruten - May 4, 2020
- Visit Australia through these movies - April 8, 2020
- Hotel Review: Pullman Maamutaa Resort Maldives - February 1, 2020
- Hotel Review: Raffles Maldives Meradhoo - February 1, 2020
- Discover the Maldives - February 1, 2020
- Pullman Hotel opens in Rotorua - January 24, 2020
- Viking launches expedition voyages - January 16, 2020
- The Baining Firedance Festival in PNG - January 10, 2020
- Make 2020 the year you trek mountain gorillas - January 2, 2020