Canon Australia’s new creative sharing platform that gives you access to a range of professional equipment to rent, so you can get the shot you want.
Kyōyū allows you to rent out your photography gear or hire the camera and lenses you need, quickly and easily. Since the launch in March, one of Kyōyū’s providers, has rented out his EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II lens 6 times and now has a 5 star-rating from the community. Not only has he made some money on the side but he’s also enabled other photographers in his community to do more with their photography.
Simply sign up, send a booking request, pick up your gear and start shooting. Canon only wants you to pay for the days you use the gear, meaning pick up and return days in your booking period are free. Over 1,400 passionate photographers are already using the platform to list and rent equipment, from amateur enthusiasts to the likes of award-winning ‘Tales by Light’ director, Abraham Joffe.
Here are some highlights from the equipment currently available on Kyōyū:
For professionals in the making: EOS R
The EOS R, Canon’s debut mirrorless camera, thrives in low light and captures even the smallest twinkling like with sharpness and precision. Its intuitive controls and light weight body is perfect if you’re heading to your nearest festival of light.
Kyōyū pricing from: $140/day
For those who are looking to capture every little detail: EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II
Capture all the action at Dark Mofo with this premium tele-zoom lens. Its state-of-the-art optical design, superfast autofocus drive and impressive image stabilization system will ensure that every you capture every moment.
This lens has been given the tick of approval from multiple Kyōyū users already!
Kyōyū pricing from: $50/day
For those who are looking to try their hand at time lapse: EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
The night sky this winter will treat us to outstanding phenomena like the Lunar Moon and the Southern Lights – make sure you capture these moments with the 14mm, a precise ultra-wide angle prime lens made for creatives looking to get the bigger picture.
Kyōyū pricing from: $70/day
- Viking launches expedition voyages - January 16, 2020
- The Baining Firedance Festival in PNG - January 10, 2020
- Make 2020 the year you trek mountain gorillas - January 2, 2020
- Zac Efron and Will Smith heat up the Pacific - December 10, 2019
- FLIGHT REVIEW: AirAsia – Sydney to Male - December 1, 2019
- Plaza Premium Group Expands in Sydney - November 16, 2019
- Samui Elephant Sanctuary wins ‘Responsible Thailand’ award - November 16, 2019
- Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda - November 16, 2019
- Exploring Rwanda’s Lake Kivu - November 16, 2019
- Hotel Review: Karongi Lake View Retreat - November 16, 2019