A journey that focuses on the country’s fine food and wine, The Presidential is a mouth-watering journey that spoils guests with meals prepared by some of the country’s (and the world’s) most renowned and upcoming chefs.
The culinary talents in 2019’s departures between 20 Sept and 26 October include Chefs Henrique Sá Pessoa (two Michelin stars), Oscar Goncalves (one Michelin star), Leandro Carreira, Alexandre Silva (2012 winner of Top Chef), Óscar Gonçalves, as well as Nuno Mendes and Bruno Rocha. Rising stars include André Lança Cordeiro and Pedro Pana Bastos.
There are three packages on offer aboard The Presidential. The first is a 9-hour The Presidential Experience, a return Sao Bento – Vesuvio day trip, which includes a gourmet lunch with pairing wines and a port-tasting excursion to Quinto do Vesuvio. Prices start at AU$1,390.
The second offer is a 2-day Escapade Pack from Sao Bento to Duoro. It includes a return Presidential Experience from Porto – Vesuvio, grape treading in one of the world’s last stone pits and an overnight at Casa do Rio. Prices start at AU$4,274.
The third offer is the 3-day Premium Pack. It includes private tours to Serralves (Portugal’s premier modern art museum) and Casa de Musica (the country’s grandest concert hall); an overnight stay at the Intercontinental Hotel and Six Senses Duoro Valley; a boat cruise; as well as Michelin class meals on board the train and at Palacio das Cardosas and O Gaveto. Prices start at AU$8548.
For more information, visit www.greattrainjourneys.com.au.
- Discover Texas - June 24, 2019
- Discover the Philippines - June 21, 2019
- Air Vanuatu flights direct Melbourne to Port Vila - June 19, 2019
- Rent Canon equipment with Kyōyū - June 19, 2019
- Kinosaki Onsen has a hot summer of events - June 19, 2019
- P&O Cruises’ The Big Laugh Comedy Festival at Sea is Back in 2020 - June 18, 2019
- Family getaway to Fiji an easy job - June 17, 2019
- South Africa voted best safari destination - June 17, 2019
- Portuguese train added to Rail Europe offering - June 14, 2019
- Travel apps your phone needs to pack - June 13, 2019