A journey that focuses on the country’s fine food and wine, The Presidential is a mouth-watering journey that spoils guests with meals prepared by some of the country’s (and the world’s) most renowned and upcoming chefs.
The culinary talents in 2019’s departures between 20 Sept and 26 October include Chefs Henrique Sá Pessoa (two Michelin stars), Oscar Goncalves (one Michelin star), Leandro Carreira, Alexandre Silva (2012 winner of Top Chef), Óscar Gonçalves, as well as Nuno Mendes and Bruno Rocha. Rising stars include André Lança Cordeiro and Pedro Pana Bastos.
There are three packages on offer aboard The Presidential. The first is a 9-hour The Presidential Experience, a return Sao Bento – Vesuvio day trip, which includes a gourmet lunch with pairing wines and a port-tasting excursion to Quinto do Vesuvio. Prices start at AU$1,390.
The second offer is a 2-day Escapade Pack from Sao Bento to Duoro. It includes a return Presidential Experience from Porto – Vesuvio, grape treading in one of the world’s last stone pits and an overnight at Casa do Rio. Prices start at AU$4,274.
The third offer is the 3-day Premium Pack. It includes private tours to Serralves (Portugal’s premier modern art museum) and Casa de Musica (the country’s grandest concert hall); an overnight stay at the Intercontinental Hotel and Six Senses Duoro Valley; a boat cruise; as well as Michelin class meals on board the train and at Palacio das Cardosas and O Gaveto. Prices start at AU$8548.
For more information, visit www.greattrainjourneys.com.au.
- The best of South Africa - September 4, 2019
- Hotel Review: Simbavati River Lodge - September 4, 2019
- Tips for an ethical South African Safari - September 3, 2019
- Hotel Review: Sabi Sabi Selati Camp - September 3, 2019
- Which South African safari is right for you? - September 2, 2019
- Hotel Review: Wild Dogs Safari Lodge - September 1, 2019
- Scoot renames premium service to ScootPlus - August 24, 2019
- Photography tours to try this World Photography Day - August 19, 2019
- Product Review: Tesalate Towel - August 6, 2019
- FLIGHT REVIEW: Johannesburg to Skukuza with Airlink - August 1, 2019