It is nothing but adventure on the high seas as P&O Cruises Australia has announced its newest and first Grand Class ship will be named Pacific Adventure and will join the cruise line’s family in late 2020.
Pacific Adventure is certain to be a popular name choice among P&O Cruises’ many guests. P&O’s nearly 600,000 strong Facebook community was asked to guess the name of their favourite cruise line’s newest ship and six were spot on suggesting Pacific Adventure.
Continuing the fleet’s extensive transformation, Pacific Adventure is in sync with the adventurous spirit behind Pacific Explorer’s name, and will build on the fresh and contemporary design of her sister.
The 3100-guest ship will offer an array of dining experiences including exciting concepts from Australian chef and restaurateur Luke Mangan and award-winning Melbourne chef Johnny Di Francesco.
Taking relaxation to a whole new level, Pacific Adventure will sport a sprawling child-free Oasis retreat across multiple decks, offering sun lounges, spa tubs, a swimming pool and dedicated bar.
The Blue Room also returns as a live-music venue with sumptuous soft furnishings for guests to sit back and enjoy live blues, soul and R&B.
With an expanded range of cabin options including 560 balcony rooms, 230 suites and mini suites and the fleet’s first 5-berth family cabins, the ship will offer something for everyone.
P&O Cruises President Sture Myrmell said the brand is primed to keep transforming the fleet with the arrival of Pacific Adventure in 2020.
“We’re thrilled to have another ship on the horizon that will continue the exciting evolution of our modern Australian cruise product. We have grand plans for Pacific Adventure and we can’t wait to take our guests on unforgettable adventures across Australia and the South Pacific,” said Mr Myrmell.
The 108,865-tonne ship, currently sailing as Princess Cruises’ Golden Princess, is scheduled to enter the P&O fleet in October 2020. The first program featuring Pacific Adventure will go on sale next month and include sailings through to the end of 2020.
Continuing the ongoing evolution of the P&O Cruises fleet, Pacific Adventure will be joined by Grand Class sister ship Star Princess at the end of 2021.
Guests can register their interest at pocruises.com.au.
- WIN free flights for a year - October 12, 2019
- The best of South Africa - September 4, 2019
- Hotel Review: Simbavati River Lodge - September 4, 2019
- Tips for an ethical South African Safari - September 3, 2019
- Hotel Review: Sabi Sabi Selati Camp - September 3, 2019
- Which South African safari is right for you? - September 2, 2019
- Hotel Review: Wild Dogs Safari Lodge - September 1, 2019
- Scoot renames premium service to ScootPlus - August 24, 2019
- Photography tours to try this World Photography Day - August 19, 2019
- Product Review: Tesalate Towel - August 6, 2019