Accor announces the highly anticipated reopening of Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort by Sofitel’s luxury overwater bungalows, following a complete multi-million dollar rejuvenation project.
The bungalows’ makeover is in line with the Sofitel brand’s renowned refined and understated sense of modern luxury, with a signature touch of French decadence.
Each of the resort’s 12 deluxe overwater bungalows are the epitome of a Tahitian getaway, having received a stylish makeover incorporating a chic soft neutral palate, and natural materials throughout, working harmoniously to form the perfect zone for sleep and relaxation whilst enjoying the iconic water views.
The overwater bungalows floor features a glass panel allowing guests to admire the underwater flora and multi-coloured fish passing by in the Punaauia Lagoon. Signature features include dried wooden trunks as bedside tables, and luminaires inspired by traditional fish traps bringing inside a touch of local influence.
Each bungalow is equipped with a king-size bed, a sofa bed and can accommodate two adults and one child under 12 years of age, with a bathtub, rain shower and separate toilet. Most importantly, each bungalow features a private terrace complete with deckchairs to take in the breathtaking Tahiti sunsets.
Located on the west coast of Tahiti Island, Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort by Sofitel, sits on the edge of the only white sand beach on the island, amongst tropical gardens with a views over the sea and to Moorea Island. The resort also offers garden view or lagoon views rooms in addition to two restaurants, two bars, free WiFi, meeting rooms, and a sand-bottom pool. The resort is a 15 minute drive from Faa’a International Airport and 30 minute drive from Papeete Ferry Terminal.
For more and to book, visit, accorhotels.com
- Meditate to the sounds of Vanuatu - May 28, 2020
- Explore with Hurtigruten - May 4, 2020
- Visit Australia through these movies - April 8, 2020
- Hotel Review: Pullman Maamutaa Resort Maldives - February 1, 2020
- Hotel Review: Raffles Maldives Meradhoo - February 1, 2020
- Discover the Maldives - February 1, 2020
- Pullman Hotel opens in Rotorua - January 24, 2020
- Viking launches expedition voyages - January 16, 2020
- The Baining Firedance Festival in PNG - January 10, 2020
- Make 2020 the year you trek mountain gorillas - January 2, 2020