Although known as the home of blues, soul, and rock n’ roll, Memphis is so much more than meets the eye.
A city of endless possibility and surprising contradictions, Memphis is steeped in history but is constantly evolving. From the world’s best BBQ restaurants to the magic and music of Beale Street, and from Elvis’Graceland to the adventure of Shelby Farms, Memphis offers travellers a deep south experience like no other.
How to get to Memphis
Airline capacity is at an all-time high with more than 110 direct flights per week between Australia’s east coast capital cities and the main USA gateways of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Dallas and Houston.Serviced by the major American, Australian and New Zealand carriers, flights to Memphis will require a short stopover. Flights arriving/departing Houston and Dallas Fort Worth put you within a one-hour flight of Memphis.
Top 10 things to do in Memphis
- Visit Elvis’s home, Graceland
- Eat the world’s best BBQ with over 200 restaurants in Memphis
- Stroll historic Beale Street and soak up the blues, soul and rock n roll of Memphis
- Take part in one of Memphis’ iconic festivals including Memphis in May
- Immerse yourself in history at the National Civil Rights Museum
- Be a kid again at Shelby Farms Park
- Take part in Memphis’ 2019 bicentenary celebrations
- Visit Sun Studio to see where many a music legend recorded
- Watch the Peabody Ducks make their daily procession to their fountain
- Visit one of the many museums, such as the Stax Museum of American Soul Music, or the Slave Haven / Burkle Estate Museum to get a more in-depth understanding of Memphis’ complex history.
For more on Memphis visit https://www.memphistravel.com/
- Discover Egypt - March 19, 2019
- What’s on in Western Australia - March 16, 2019
- PRODUCT REVIEW: Big W Travel Range - March 14, 2019
- Conservation tours that make a difference - March 13, 2019
- Discover Macao - March 12, 2019
- HOTEL REVIEW: LUX* Le Morne, Mauritius - February 16, 2019
- Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas joins IHG - February 15, 2019
- AirAsia adds Brisbane to Bangkok flights - February 11, 2019
- Discover Mauritius - February 7, 2019
- Mauritius’ most instagramable spots - February 5, 2019