As we welcome the new year, why not consider ticking off a once in a lifetime experience in 2020 – gorilla trekking in Rwanda.
Located in East Africa, Rwanda is one of the smallest countries on the African mainland. Bordered by Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, this country known as ‘the Land of a Thousand Hills’ is dominated by mountains in the west and savanna to the east, with numerous lakes throughout the country.
Today nearly half of the world’s 1000 remaining mountain gorillas live at the intersection of Uganda, Rwanda, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo in the Virunga Mountains of central Africa. The best place to witness these mountain gorillas is during a visit to Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park.
Consisting of 125 km2 of mountain forest and the six Virunga Volcanoes, the lush forested slopes of the mountains form an appropriately dramatic natural setting for what is arguably the most poignant and memorable wildlife experience in the world: gorilla trekking.
Where Wild Things Roam Travel along with Heritage Safaris Rwanda are offering $200 off per person on their 9-day Gorillas in Rwanda Tour. Originally priced at $5,899 per person, twin share, for departures on 22 May or 6 November 2020, the tour includes all accommodation, ground transportation, meals and activities as per the itinerary. Airfares are additional.
Be awe-struck by the profound power of the endangered mountain gorilla, explore Akagera National Park, home to the African Big Five and one of the most scenic national parks in Africa, enjoy Lake Kivu, one of Africa’s Great Lakes that spans Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo and dive into Rwandan history and culture with hands on cultural and community experiences.
This special off is valid for bookings made until 20 January 2020, or until sold out prior. Other dates are available, priced on enquiry.
To book or find out more, contact Where Wild Things Roam Travel on 07 5667 9486 or email email@example.com
- Pullman’s Rainbow Room the place to be for Sydney Pride - February 14, 2020
- Hotel Review: Pullman Maamutaa Resort Maldives - February 1, 2020
- Hotel Review: Raffles Maldives Meradhoo - February 1, 2020
- Discover the Maldives - February 1, 2020
- Pullman Hotel opens in Rotorua - January 24, 2020
- Viking launches expedition voyages - January 16, 2020
- The Baining Firedance Festival in PNG - January 10, 2020
- Make 2020 the year you trek mountain gorillas - January 2, 2020
- Zac Efron and Will Smith heat up the Pacific - December 10, 2019
- FLIGHT REVIEW: AirAsia – Sydney to Male - December 1, 2019