Travelling from Colombo, Yala National Park is a good six-hour drive that takes you through the beautiful countryside towns and along the coastline.
As you get closer to Yala National Park, the wildlife greets you and you can often spot elephants grazing by the road.
Here you will find Jetwing Yala and Jetwing Safari camp, positioned between the Indian Ocean and the natural wonders of Yala National Park. These two Jetwing properties rest within an uncharted patch of coastal wilderness at the end of Sri Lanka’s southern shoreline. However, they are both very different in their style and offering.
Glamping in Sri Lanka doesn’t get much better than at Jetwing Safari Camp, located in the picturesque dunes of coastal Yala. A sister property to Jetwing Yala, at Jetwing Safari Camp you can really get amongst nature while still enjoying the luxury of Jetwing Yala.
Ten rustic tents are a graceful step up from the simple collapsible poles and fabric, but remain a natural fit to the surrounds, complemented by the soothing rumble of the ocean and the cooling breeze. Each tent has a spacious wooden deck where guests can sit and enjoy the surrounds and watch wildlife such as deer, wild boars, birds and reptiles that occasionally visit the grounds. There is a main reception area with a small dining room and rooftop view point for drinks in the afternoon to watch the sun set.
Elegant tents bring together the pleasure of camping with creature comforts of modern living. Fitted with a modern shower enclosure and washroom, an air cooler, and freely available Wi-Fi, these tents have all you need. A large comfortable bed sits in the centre of the tent and there is plenty of space for storage. A very large bathroom is stocked with eco-friendly amenities and there is even an outdoor shower for those who really want to feel at one with nature.
A stay at Jetwing Safari Camp comes with a personalised butler at your service. Meals can be pre-ordered and enjoyed on your deck. Alternatively, you can choose to sip on seaside cocktails at the Beach Bar or enjoy your food and beverage at any one the five dining options at Jetwing Yala – located just short buggy ride away.
Address: Jetwing Safari Camp, Palatupana, Kirinda, Yala, Sri Lanka
Phone: +94 47 471 0755
Reservations: +94 11 470 9400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pullman’s Rainbow Room the place to be for Sydney Pride - February 14, 2020
- Hotel Review: Pullman Maamutaa Resort Maldives - February 1, 2020
- Hotel Review: Raffles Maldives Meradhoo - February 1, 2020
- Discover the Maldives - February 1, 2020
- Pullman Hotel opens in Rotorua - January 24, 2020
- Viking launches expedition voyages - January 16, 2020
- The Baining Firedance Festival in PNG - January 10, 2020
- Make 2020 the year you trek mountain gorillas - January 2, 2020
- Zac Efron and Will Smith heat up the Pacific - December 10, 2019
- FLIGHT REVIEW: AirAsia – Sydney to Male - December 1, 2019