Known as a modern and cosmopolitan city, with a skyline famous for its myriad skyscrapers, shopping options and dining hotspots, Hong Kong is enticing travellers to step outside the city to the great outdoors.
The latest campaign from the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) is aiming to shed light on a different side of the country, showcasing Hong Kong’s Great Outdoors.
Travellers are encouraged to don their active gear and set out to explore a more organic side of the city, one that is far removed from its buzzing urban centre.
To show visitors what they are missing out on, the HKTB has recruited a handful of local photographers, including: landscape photographer and a Hong Kong National Geographic 2013 photography winner, Will Cho; veteran outdoor sports photographer, Elvis Mo; a Nature Conservancy 2017 photography winner, Jessica Li; and renowned photographer, Romain Jacquet Lagreze, best-known for his “Vertical Horizon” photo series, showcasing the geometric lines of Hong Kong.
This group of talented photographers have captured these off-the-radar landscapes through their lens, highlighting the impressive views people can experience firsthand by following a series of self-guided trails listed in HKTB’s newly published guidebook “Your Guide to Hiking & Cycling in Hong Kong”. The guidebook is available from visitor centres around the city or as an e-version and is divided into three different themes: Hiking in Heritage; Picture-Perfect Vistas; and Geological Wonders, with each section detailing suggested trails, along with the estimated time required and difficulty levels.
Visitors are free to escape the hustle and bustle of the city at their own leisure and discover the surrounding beauty whether it be spectacular cityscapes; remote beaches; rustic villages; serene islands; or historical and cultural landmarks. The guidebook also features cycling trails for those who are keen to explore at a slightly faster speed.
For more information visit www.discoverhongkong.com/au
- Discover Texas - June 24, 2019
- Discover the Philippines - June 21, 2019
- Air Vanuatu flights direct Melbourne to Port Vila - June 19, 2019
- Rent Canon equipment with Kyōyū - June 19, 2019
- Kinosaki Onsen has a hot summer of events - June 19, 2019
- P&O Cruises’ The Big Laugh Comedy Festival at Sea is Back in 2020 - June 18, 2019
- Family getaway to Fiji an easy job - June 17, 2019
- South Africa voted best safari destination - June 17, 2019
- Portuguese train added to Rail Europe offering - June 14, 2019
- Travel apps your phone needs to pack - June 13, 2019