Using local, knowledgeable guides, Explore is putting Lebanon back on the tourist map with a new eight-day Highlights of Lebanon trip.
Lebanon has recently re-opened its doors to visitors;* on this trip travellers will learn about Lebanese culture and discover aromatic souks, walk through fragrant cedar forests and savour the many flavourful foods.
The trip starts in the capital city of Beirut before heading south to the coastal city, Tyre. Get a taste of local life and enjoy a traditional breakfast at the old souk. Dating back to around 2750 BC, Tyre’s archaeological sites have UNESCO World Heritage Site status.
Stay overnight at an eco-lodge in the grounds of St Anthony’s Monastery in the beautiful Qadisha Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Wake to the sound of bells calling the monks to mass and experience rural Lebanese life and homemade food.
Visit the Bekaa Valley and tour the labyrinth of roman cellars at Ksara, Lebanon’s oldest and biggest winery. Learn about the wine-making process and taste the red wine which makes the region famous. The trip ends in Beirut with a guided tour of the city by a local followed by a traditional mezze meal consisting of tabbouleh and fattoush, baba ghanoush, falafel, skewered meats or grilled fish and pita bread, finished with a desert of baklava.
Highlights of Lebanon – The 8-day trip costs from $1,880 pp and includes internal transfers, 7-nights’ accommodation, 7 breakfasts and 3 dinners, and an Explore Leader. 2019 departures – 21 September, 12 October and 9 November. 2020 departures – 21 March, 11 April, 23 May, 13 June, 1 August, 26 September and 17 October.
For more information visit exploreworldwide.com.au
- Trip.com Launches TripPLUS Rewards Program for Members - April 24, 2019
- Discover Kyoto - April 23, 2019
- National Geographic and Scenic Release 2020 Program - April 21, 2019
- Discover Monaco - April 16, 2019
- Trip.com launches for all your travel needs - April 12, 2019
- Pullman Nadi Bay Resort & Spa to open in Fiji - April 11, 2019
- Adventure World launch new website - April 11, 2019
- Discover Sri Lanka - April 9, 2019
- HOTEL REVIEW: Jetwing Safari Camp - April 9, 2019
- HOTEL REVIEW: Jetwing Yala - April 9, 2019