Using local, knowledgeable guides, Explore is putting Lebanon back on the tourist map with a new eight-day Highlights of Lebanon trip.
Lebanon has recently re-opened its doors to visitors;* on this trip travellers will learn about Lebanese culture and discover aromatic souks, walk through fragrant cedar forests and savour the many flavourful foods.
The trip starts in the capital city of Beirut before heading south to the coastal city, Tyre. Get a taste of local life and enjoy a traditional breakfast at the old souk. Dating back to around 2750 BC, Tyre’s archaeological sites have UNESCO World Heritage Site status.
Stay overnight at an eco-lodge in the grounds of St Anthony’s Monastery in the beautiful Qadisha Valley, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Wake to the sound of bells calling the monks to mass and experience rural Lebanese life and homemade food.
Visit the Bekaa Valley and tour the labyrinth of roman cellars at Ksara, Lebanon’s oldest and biggest winery. Learn about the wine-making process and taste the red wine which makes the region famous. The trip ends in Beirut with a guided tour of the city by a local followed by a traditional mezze meal consisting of tabbouleh and fattoush, baba ghanoush, falafel, skewered meats or grilled fish and pita bread, finished with a desert of baklava.
Highlights of Lebanon – The 8-day trip costs from $1,880 pp and includes internal transfers, 7-nights’ accommodation, 7 breakfasts and 3 dinners, and an Explore Leader. 2019 departures – 21 September, 12 October and 9 November. 2020 departures – 21 March, 11 April, 23 May, 13 June, 1 August, 26 September and 17 October.
For more information visit exploreworldwide.com.au
- Rent Canon equipment with Kyōyū - June 19, 2019
- Kinosaki Onsen has a hot summer of events - June 19, 2019
- P&O Cruises’ The Big Laugh Comedy Festival at Sea is Back in 2020 - June 18, 2019
- Family getaway to Fiji an easy job - June 17, 2019
- South Africa voted best safari destination - June 17, 2019
- Portuguese train added to Rail Europe offering - June 14, 2019
- Travel apps your phone needs to pack - June 13, 2019
- HOTEL REVIEW: Peppers Noosa Resort & Villas - June 12, 2019
- Husk Distillery opens unique offering on Tweed Coast - June 12, 2019
- Where to spot whales in NSW - June 10, 2019