Viking Cruises has announced the launch of two pre and post cruise extensions exploring the treasures of China.
On the 5-day Xian & Beijing extension, explore more of China with two nights each in the ancient cities of Xian and Beijing, the nation’s capital. Explore Beijing’s imperial palace of the Forbidden City, which once served as home to emperors from the Ming Dynasty to the end of the Qing Dynasty. In Xian, tour the ancient City Wall, standing almost 40m high. Visit the great Terra Cotta Army Museum, part of the remarkable mausoleum of Qin Shi Huang containing more than 8,000 life-size clay warriors. Priced from $2,399 per person.
On the 9-day Beijing, Xian, Tibet & Chengdu extension, discover the rich culture and ancient history of China in Xian, one of the country’s oldest cities; Lhasa, the spiritual centre of Tibet; Chengdu, the ancestral home of the giant panda; and the nation’s bustling capital of Beijing. Explore Tiananmen Square, surrounded by the granite Monument to the People’s Heroes, the Great Hall of the People and Mao Zedong’s mausoleum. Visit Lhasa’s Jokhang Temple, the most sacred Buddhist temple in Tibet and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Wander through Barkhor Square and browse the locally produced cheeses, butters and candles at the local market. Priced from $5,339 per person.
The 15-day Far East Discovery itinerary sails from Hong Kong to Beijing on 7 October 2018 and from Beijing to Hong Kong on 21 October 2018. Priced from $7,995 per person. This ocean cruise features eight guided tours across China and Japan. Pricing includes a saving of $1,000 per couple if booked by 31 December 2017.
For more visit www.vikingcruises.com.au.
- Fright-seeing Scotland’s Ghost Trail - October 29, 2018
- Qantas and KLM make Amsterdam closer - October 26, 2018
- Whitsundays ranks as best island in region - October 25, 2018
- Nat Geo & Scenic River Cruise Partnership - October 24, 2018
- WEEKLY DEALS: Cruise Europe, Busabout, Outback adventures & more - October 23, 2018
- MSC Cruises enters ultra-luxury segment - October 19, 2018
- Check in with VA via voice - October 7, 2018
- 5 Fun Facts about Canada - September 6, 2018
- 5 things you need to know before your first Tokyo trip - September 3, 2018
- 5 common tourist scams to avoid - August 30, 2018