Texas is one of the best places in the US to experience real ranching and cowboy culture, however there’s so much more to Texas than BBQ and rodeos – it’s home to a wide array of gastronomic experiences, a thriving arts and live music scene, and awe-inspiring natural beauty.
Texas is the second largest state in the US and covers seven diverse regions which means there’s something for everyone! Adventure seekers love the hiking and kayaking in the state’s vast national parks, couples are drawn to the cosmopolitan cities filled with world class art galleries and underground music venues, and families love the authentic Texas cowboy culture and traditional Southern hospitality.
Fly direct from Sydney to Houston with United airlines or fly direct Sydney to Dallas / Fort Worth with Qantas, each with convenient connections available from major cities. Alternatively you can fly direct in Los Angeles from most Australian cities and then connect on to cities in Texas.
Top 10 things to do in Texas
- Get a taste of the true Wild West by heading to Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of the World –www.mayanranch.com
- Take a leisurely boat ride down San Antonio’s River Walk – www.goriocruises.com
- Visit space Center Houston (and celebrate Apollo 11 50th anniversary!) – www.spacecenter.org
- Take a hike in the beautiful Big Bend National Park – www.visitbigbend.com/national-park-info/
- Visit the Lone Star State’s own wine country in Texas Hill Country of Fredericksburg – www.beckervineyards.com/
- Party it up at one of Austin’s incredible music festivals like Austin City Limits – www.aclfestival.com
- Gorge on authentic Texas BBQ in the Barbecue Capital of the World, Lockhart – www.blacksbbq.com/lockhart.html
- Take a road trip to the tiny town art town Marfa and check out the famous Prada art installation.
- Catch the Dallas Cowboys in action at their home stadium, AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas attstadium.com
- Stargaze at Enchanted Rock National Park in Texas Hill country – www.tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/enchanted-rock/more-info/dark-skies
For more visit www.TravelTexas.com
- The best of South Africa - September 4, 2019
- Hotel Review: Simbavati River Lodge - September 4, 2019
- Tips for an ethical South African Safari - September 3, 2019
- Hotel Review: Sabi Sabi Selati Camp - September 3, 2019
- Which South African safari is right for you? - September 2, 2019
- Hotel Review: Wild Dogs Safari Lodge - September 1, 2019
- Scoot renames premium service to ScootPlus - August 24, 2019
- Photography tours to try this World Photography Day - August 19, 2019
- Product Review: Tesalate Towel - August 6, 2019
- FLIGHT REVIEW: Johannesburg to Skukuza with Airlink - August 1, 2019