Texas is one of the best places in the US to experience real ranching and cowboy culture, however there’s so much more to Texas than BBQ and rodeos – it’s home to a wide array of gastronomic experiences, a thriving arts and live music scene, and awe-inspiring natural beauty.
Texas is the second largest state in the US and covers seven diverse regions which means there’s something for everyone! Adventure seekers love the hiking and kayaking in the state’s vast national parks, couples are drawn to the cosmopolitan cities filled with world class art galleries and underground music venues, and families love the authentic Texas cowboy culture and traditional Southern hospitality.
Fly direct from Sydney to Houston with United airlines or fly direct Sydney to Dallas / Fort Worth with Qantas, each with convenient connections available from major cities. Alternatively you can fly direct in Los Angeles from most Australian cities and then connect on to cities in Texas.
Top 10 things to do in Texas
- Get a taste of the true Wild West by heading to Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of the World –www.mayanranch.com
- Take a leisurely boat ride down San Antonio’s River Walk – www.goriocruises.com
- Visit space Center Houston (and celebrate Apollo 11 50th anniversary!) – www.spacecenter.org
- Take a hike in the beautiful Big Bend National Park – www.visitbigbend.com/national-park-info/
- Visit the Lone Star State’s own wine country in Texas Hill Country of Fredericksburg – www.beckervineyards.com/
- Party it up at one of Austin’s incredible music festivals like Austin City Limits – www.aclfestival.com
- Gorge on authentic Texas BBQ in the Barbecue Capital of the World, Lockhart – www.blacksbbq.com/lockhart.html
- Take a road trip to the tiny town art town Marfa and check out the famous Prada art installation.
- Catch the Dallas Cowboys in action at their home stadium, AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas attstadium.com
- Stargaze at Enchanted Rock National Park in Texas Hill country – www.tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/enchanted-rock/more-info/dark-skies
For more visit www.TravelTexas.com
- Daydream Island Resort reopens - July 1, 2020
- Alliance Airlines touches down in Whitsundays with $99 fares - June 23, 2020
- Where to spot whales in NSW - June 22, 2020
- What to do in Kakadu - June 20, 2020
- Accor releases hit song - June 18, 2020
- Hot Air Ballooning on the Gold Coast - June 11, 2020
- Discover the Gold Coast - June 9, 2020
- Soak up the Sunshine Coast - June 5, 2020
- Meditate to the sounds of Vanuatu - May 28, 2020
- Explore with Hurtigruten - May 4, 2020