A country steeped in history and shrouded in mystery, Egypt is every bit intriguing.
Egypt is bouncing back, and while numbers are still not as they were pre 2011, this makes it a great time to go now to take advantage of the luxury of space.
While the Pyramids are a drawcard for Egypt, there’s lots to see and experience beyond the Pyramids and temples. More and more travellers are looking for different experiences and special interest tours, e.g. dining with local families in their homes, climbing Mt Sinai and having a private tour into a pyramid.
The diversity of experiences to be had in Egypt is what makes it so appealing. There’s history, the desert, river cruising, religious and cultural and more.
Who goes to Egypt
Anyone interested to learn about this cradle of civilisation. Travellers range from families to young working professionals to baby boomers with various interests and budgets, but the one thing in common is their curiosity and desire to learn from our guides who are all highly qualified Egyptologists.
How to get to Egypt
Many airlines fly to Egypt but the most direct routes are with Emirates via Dubai, and with Etihad via Abu Dhabi.
Top 10 things to do in Egypt
- The Pyramids at Giza (including going inside the Great Pyramid)
- The Egyptian Museum
- Exploring the Khan El Khalili Bazaar
- Sailing in a felucca on the Nile
- Exploring Luxor and Karnak Temples
- Visiting the Valley of the Kings, where many pharaohs were entombed, including Tutankhamen
- Doing a multiple-day Nile cruise between Luxor and Aswan
- Visiting the temples at Abu Simbel, in the far south of Egypt
- Relaxing at one of the Red Sea resorts like Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh
- Climbing Mt Sinai for the sunrise and visiting St Catherine’s Monastery
For more visit Sun Island Tours at www.sunislandtours.com.au
- Photography tours to try this World Photography Day - August 19, 2019
- Product Review: Tesalate Towel - August 6, 2019
- Discover the Gold Coast - July 24, 2019
- Hot Air Ballooning on the Gold Coast - July 23, 2019
- Princess Cruises ranks in awards - July 23, 2019
- Scoot to move terminals in Singapore - July 23, 2019
- Singapore Airlines adds more Melbourne services - July 22, 2019
- New private journey Essential India - July 22, 2019
- Bali three different ways - July 15, 2019
- Bali the Island of the Gods - July 15, 2019