Luxury cruise line Cunard has unveiled full details of its 2020-21 program, offering Australians unprecedented opportunities to travel in style on board the line’s iconic trio of Queens.
The new program features world voyages by flagship Queen Mary 2 and her younger sister Queen Victoria, as well as a record 118-day Australian deployment for Queen Elizabeth, with all three ships visiting Australia during the season for the first time in five years.
From November 2020 to May 2021, Cunard’s three ships will travel 139,000 nautical miles, calling at 94 destinations in 38 different countries, including maiden calls to Hualien in Taiwan, Miyakojima in Japan and New Plymouth in New Zealand.
Sailings range from short two-night breaks to a 108-night world voyage, with itineraries blending world-class cities with smaller, less well-known destinations, and each journey delivering a refined and immersive Cunard experience.
Departing Southampton on January 10, 2021, Cunard’s flagship Queen Mary 2 will embark on a classic voyage of global exploration, taking in diverse regions from southern Africa to Southeast Asia and the Mediterranean as well as Australia where she will visit eight ports, from Fremantle to Cairns and Darwin.
Queen Victoria will set sail on a western circumnavigation of the globe offering an itinerary packed full of ‘must-do’ experiences, including scenic cruising in the Panama Canal and overnight stays in San Francisco, Honolulu, Hong Kong, Singapore and Cape Town as well as Sydney. Her time in Australian waters will also include visits to Brisbane, the Whitsundays and Darwin.
Meanwhile, Queen Elizabeth’s program of exotic voyages will offer more regional-focussed itineraries, including her record 118-day season Down Under featuring a range of short sojourns between major Australian cities as well as longer journeys around Australia and New Zealand.
Cunard Senior Manager for Australia and New Zealand Katrina McAlpine said: “With all three Queens visiting Down Under during our 2020-21 program, and Queen Elizabeth spending a record number of days in Australian waters, Australians will have more opportunities than ever before to experience all the pleasures of a holiday at sea with Cunard.
“This new program offers a wonderful mix of unique and interesting itineraries, from voyages circumnavigating the globe through to short local sailings for those who’d like to explore more of Australia in style,” Ms McAlpine said.
Voyages available in the new program include:
- A 14-night Christmas and New Year cruise to New Zealand departing Melbourne on December 22, 2020 (Q101). Fares start from $4449* per person twin share.
- A 13-night sailing from Auckland to Sydney via Tasmania departing January 27, 2021 (Q105). Fares start from $3999* per person twin share.
Queen Mary 2
- A 99-night World Voyage sailing roundtrip from Southampton on January 10, 2021 (M103E). Fares start from $22,299* per person twin share.
- A 28-night journey from Cape Town to Sydney departing January 24, 2021 (M104B). Fares start from $6399* per person twin share.
- A 21-night San Francisco to Sydney voyage, departing February 6, 2021 (V106). Fares start from $5349* per person twin share.
- A 25-night journey from Hong Kong to Cape Town sailing March 20, 2021 (V108). Fares start from $6699* per person twin share.
For more visit www.cunard.com.
- WIN free flights for a year - October 12, 2019
- The best of South Africa - September 4, 2019
- Hotel Review: Simbavati River Lodge - September 4, 2019
- Tips for an ethical South African Safari - September 3, 2019
- Hotel Review: Sabi Sabi Selati Camp - September 3, 2019
- Which South African safari is right for you? - September 2, 2019
- Hotel Review: Wild Dogs Safari Lodge - September 1, 2019
- Scoot renames premium service to ScootPlus - August 24, 2019
- Photography tours to try this World Photography Day - August 19, 2019
- Product Review: Tesalate Towel - August 6, 2019