The advent of winter this year will be like no other for the residents of one of Australia’s coldest towns, thanks to AccorHotels and what is billed as Australia’s biggest ever ‘Wintervention’.
At 8.20am this morning AccorHotels surprised the whole town of Waratah, Tasmania, boldly taking a private plane full of residents to the Gold Coast for the weekend – this weekend! The only catch – residents had to leave immediately!
Waratah is located in Tasmania’s western hinterland on the edge of Lake Waratah, and has an average winter temperature of a mere 4.9 degrees celsius. It stands as one of the coldest and wettest locations in all of Australia.
“We’re inviting one of Australia’s coldest towns to one of its sunniest cities for a weekend Wintervention to break the winter routine,” said Bridie Commerford, Accor Vice President, Marketing, Guest Experience and Communications Pacific.
“Exploring Australia is the best way to get out of a winter slump – from sport to shopping, bars to beaches, we have it all. We’re delighted to be surprising Waratah residents with such a unique opportunity. They’ll soak up the warmth and enjoy some fantastic activities on the Gold Coast, staying at Novotel Surfers Paradise. The only catch is…this is an instant holiday and residents must leave immediately with their bags packed,” Commerford continued.
Residents of Waratah were expecting that only a few people who had registered would receive a Wintervention trip. Little did they know they could all swap their sweaters for swimsuits and that a plane was on standby to carry as many residents as possible within hours of them being gifted the trip.
Further surprises will await the lucky Waratah locals when they touch down in the Gold Coast, with SeaWorld, SeaWorld Cruises, AquaDuck, iFly, Experience Oz and Paradise Jet Boating experiences on offer thanks to the official partners of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Do you feel like hibernating? Want to get out your bikini instead of your brolly? AccorHotels is encouraging Australians across the country plan their own Wintervention by offering $25 off hotel stays, with breakfast for just $1 at www.AccorHotels.com/Winter
- Hot Air Ballooning on the Gold Coast - July 30, 2020
- PRODUCT REVIEW: Crumpler Muli Camera Messenger 8000 - July 13, 2020
- Explore under the sea at Lady Elliot Island - July 13, 2020
- Step inland from the Sunshine Coast - July 9, 2020
- Sunshine Coast’s new Indigenous tour - July 9, 2020
- The best of Port Douglas - July 9, 2020
- Discover the Whitsunday Islands - July 8, 2020
- Daydream Island Resort reopens - July 1, 2020
- HOTEL REVIEW: Tangalooma Island Resort - June 23, 2020
- Alliance Airlines touches down in Whitsundays with $99 fares - June 23, 2020