The advent of winter this year will be like no other for the residents of one of Australia’s coldest towns, thanks to AccorHotels and what is billed as Australia’s biggest ever ‘Wintervention’.
At 8.20am this morning AccorHotels surprised the whole town of Waratah, Tasmania, boldly taking a private plane full of residents to the Gold Coast for the weekend – this weekend! The only catch – residents had to leave immediately!
Waratah is located in Tasmania’s western hinterland on the edge of Lake Waratah, and has an average winter temperature of a mere 4.9 degrees celsius. It stands as one of the coldest and wettest locations in all of Australia.
“We’re inviting one of Australia’s coldest towns to one of its sunniest cities for a weekend Wintervention to break the winter routine,” said Bridie Commerford, Accor Vice President, Marketing, Guest Experience and Communications Pacific.
“Exploring Australia is the best way to get out of a winter slump – from sport to shopping, bars to beaches, we have it all. We’re delighted to be surprising Waratah residents with such a unique opportunity. They’ll soak up the warmth and enjoy some fantastic activities on the Gold Coast, staying at Novotel Surfers Paradise. The only catch is…this is an instant holiday and residents must leave immediately with their bags packed,” Commerford continued.
Residents of Waratah were expecting that only a few people who had registered would receive a Wintervention trip. Little did they know they could all swap their sweaters for swimsuits and that a plane was on standby to carry as many residents as possible within hours of them being gifted the trip.
Further surprises will await the lucky Waratah locals when they touch down in the Gold Coast, with SeaWorld, SeaWorld Cruises, AquaDuck, iFly, Experience Oz and Paradise Jet Boating experiences on offer thanks to the official partners of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Do you feel like hibernating? Want to get out your bikini instead of your brolly? AccorHotels is encouraging Australians across the country plan their own Wintervention by offering $25 off hotel stays, with breakfast for just $1 at www.AccorHotels.com/Winter
- Zac Efron and Will Smith heat up the Pacific - December 10, 2019
- Plaza Premium Group Expands in Sydney - November 16, 2019
- Samui Elephant Sanctuary wins ‘Responsible Thailand’ award - November 16, 2019
- Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda - November 16, 2019
- Exploring Rwanda’s Lake Kivu - November 16, 2019
- Hotel Review: Karongi Lake View Retreat - November 16, 2019
- Discover Rwanda - November 16, 2019
- Hotel Review: Magashi Camp - November 16, 2019
- Hotel Review: Kigali Serena Hotel - November 16, 2019
- Hotel Review: Classic Lodge, Musanze - November 16, 2019