More travellers are visiting Queensland’s Sunshine Coast according to recent data from the National Visitor Survey.
A record 3.5 million domestic visitors travelled to the Sunshine Coast in the year ending September 2018, generating a rise of 18.4 percent in expenditure to $2.4 billion.
The International Visitor Survey was also released with international arrivals topping 319,000 and also breaking a record with visitors increasing by 8.5 per cent and spend increasing by 5.3 per cent, totalling $248.2 million.
Visit Sunshine Coast CEO Simon Latchford said the result was a culmination of highly targeted and effective campaigns both in Australia and overseas to attract new visitors and encourage past visitors to return.
“The performance out of New Zealand has been outstanding, along with continued growth from the American, Asian and European markets, and the fact that they are spending more reflects the diversity of attractions available across the Sunshine Coast,” he said.
There’s no wonder travellers are drawn to the Sunshine Coast as it is a perfect setting from the moment you arrive, with 13 beaches stretching over 100 kilometres of pristine sand.
This playground offers fun for the whole family, young and old alike making it the perfect setting for that seaside escape. Beaches here entice you to unwind and do as little as possible.
If sitting on the beach is too slow paced for you and you wish to revitalise and reconnect, then explore the natural biodiversity of the area. The Sunshine Coast is home to more individual national parks than any other region in Queensland. These are protected by five separate parks in both coastal and inland regions, including Mapleton Falls National Park, Kondalilla National Park, The Glasshouse Mountains National Park, Noosa National Park, and the Great Sandy National Park, which includes sections on Fraser Island and in Cooloola near Rainbow Beach.
For more visit visitsunshinecoast.com
- Photography tours to try this World Photography Day - August 19, 2019
- Product Review: Tesalate Towel - August 6, 2019
- Discover the Gold Coast - July 24, 2019
- Hot Air Ballooning on the Gold Coast - July 23, 2019
- Princess Cruises ranks in awards - July 23, 2019
- Scoot to move terminals in Singapore - July 23, 2019
- Singapore Airlines adds more Melbourne services - July 22, 2019
- New private journey Essential India - July 22, 2019
- Bali three different ways - July 15, 2019
- Bali the Island of the Gods - July 15, 2019