Singapore Airlines is voted the World’s Best Airline in 2018 by travellers, with Qatar Airways taking 2nd place and ANA in 3rd position.
In a gala ceremony at the iconic Langham Hotel in London, airline leaders and top airline management from across the globe to receive their 2018 World Airline Awards.
Referred to by media as the “Oscars of the aviation industry”, the World Airline Awards are held in high esteem for the clarity of process and independence, with no outside sponsorship or external influence.
“Singapore Airlines is honoured to be named World’s Best Airline in the Skytrax awards, and I dedicate it to the 26,000 SIA Group employees who focus every day on delivering the world’s best travel experience to our customers,” said SIA CEO Mr Goh Choon Phong, who accepted the award in London.
As well as taking second place in the World’s Best Airline results, Qatar Airways collected major awards for the World’s Best Business Class, the Best Business Class Seat, the World’s Best First Class Lounge and the Best Airline in the Middle East.
Japanese airline ANA was also honoured with the award for the Best Aircraft Cabin Cleanliness and the category of Best Airline Staff in Asia (which combines airport and cabin staff).
The World’s Top 10 Airlines of 2018
- Singapore Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- ANA All Nippon Airways
- EVA Air
- Cathay Pacific
- Hainan Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Thai Airways
- Meaningful experiences in the Philippines - May 23, 2019
- PRODUCT REVIEW: Canon EOS R - May 21, 2019
- Mantra Hotels on sale - May 13, 2019
- Trip.com offer family dream job in Fiji - May 3, 2019
- SilkAir launches flights to Busan - May 3, 2019
- Trip.com Launches TripPLUS Rewards Program for Members - April 24, 2019
- Discover Kyoto - April 23, 2019
- National Geographic and Scenic Release 2020 Program - April 21, 2019
- Discover Monaco - April 16, 2019
- Trip.com launches for all your travel needs - April 12, 2019