Scoot is increasing their offering of destinations across Asia, adding flights to Coimbatore, Trivandrum and Visakhapatnam in India as they take over the routes from SilkAir.
Flights to Trivandrum (5-times weekly) will commence as soon as 7 May 20191, and flights to Coimbatore (5-times weekly) and Visakhapatnam (3-times weekly) will start from 27 October 2019.
Also known as Thiruvananthapuram, the capital of Kerala, Trivandrum has been dubbed the Evergreen City of India for its lush tropical landscapes. Urban travellers will also appreciate that the city is well-connected by its roads and rail network. A prominent pilgrimage destination, it houses several ancient temples, including Padmanabhaswamy Temple, the richest temple in the world, and Attukal Bhagavathy Temple, the site of the famous Attukal Pongala festival which sees millions of female devotees participating every year.
Coimbatore is one of India’s largest centres for textiles and manufacturing. A flourishing industrial city in Tamil Nadu, Coimbatore also has a reputation as a hub for entrepreneurs and start-ups. The city is surrounded by the Western Ghats, a majestic mountain range and a UNESCO World Heritage Site containing the beautiful Siruvani Waterfalls, a must-see for tourists to the region.
Visakhapatnam, or Vizag, is Andhra Pradesh’s largest city and one of the fastest growing cities in the world. It is also a major tourist hub, famed for its geo-heritage sites, including Erra Matti Dibbalu, the rare Red Sand Hills, and the massive ancient Borra Caves. Vizag’s beautiful beaches are one of its top attractions for both locals and tourists, and make for perfect settings for picnics, early morning jogs and a fun-filled family day out.
To celebrate the new routes, Scoot has launched a limited-period sale (16 – 22 January) on the FlyScoot website for flights to its India cities, including Trivandrum, Coimbatore, Visakhapatnam, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Lucknow, and Tiruchirappalli. Economy and ScootBiz* seats are for sale.
All flights are subject to regulatory approval and ScootBiz is only available for flights operated on B787 aircraft.
For more visit www.flyscoot.com
- Discover Texas - June 24, 2019
- Discover the Philippines - June 21, 2019
- Air Vanuatu flights direct Melbourne to Port Vila - June 19, 2019
- Rent Canon equipment with Kyōyū - June 19, 2019
- Kinosaki Onsen has a hot summer of events - June 19, 2019
- P&O Cruises’ The Big Laugh Comedy Festival at Sea is Back in 2020 - June 18, 2019
- Family getaway to Fiji an easy job - June 17, 2019
- South Africa voted best safari destination - June 17, 2019
- Portuguese train added to Rail Europe offering - June 14, 2019
- Travel apps your phone needs to pack - June 13, 2019