Kyoto has released a new series of insider-guided experiences designed to unveil the essence of the cultural capital of Japan.
From exploring the hidden corners of historic castles to learning about traditional arts and crafts and strolling some of the city’s most unique neighbourhoods, the tours will make Kyoto’s cultural assets shine brighter than ever before.
Highlights of the series include:
A 90-minute English Guided tour looking back at the various Shoguns of the Edo period learning about their stories, the influence of the castle on history and culture and how it shaped the social structure of modern-day Japan.
Visit the stores around the Kyoto Imperial Palace that continue to preserve the traditional crafts that flourished in the city. Admire woodwork, bamboo crafts and gold lacquer whilst learning about the every-day lives of the people that run these establishments.
Highashi Hongan-ji Temple is amongst the world’s most impressive temples and starting point of the tour. Be introduced to the area in the form of a traditional Japanese picture-card show before visiting the temple and finishing off with a neighbourhood tour of Monzen-cho to explore local shops selling the area’s specialities.
Gion Neighbourhood Tour:
Explore the backstreets of one of Kyoto’s most iconic neighbourhoods, Gion. Discover the ‘geisha district’, admire its shrines, visit craft studios and more.
All tours are guided by the City of Kyoto Visitor Hosts, highly qualified interpreter guides specialised in Kyoto and that have undergone special training in the fields of history, culture and traditional arts as well as guiding and communication skills.
For more information visit: https://www.kyotovisitorshost.com/en/
- Viking Announces Exciting New South America Cruise Itineraries - March 29, 2019
- New Qantas service connects Sunshine Coast to the world - March 28, 2019
- Fright-seeing Scotland’s Ghost Trail - October 29, 2018
- Qantas and KLM make Amsterdam closer - October 26, 2018
- Whitsundays ranks as best island in region - October 25, 2018
- Nat Geo & Scenic River Cruise Partnership - October 24, 2018
- WEEKLY DEALS: Cruise Europe, Busabout, Outback adventures & more - October 23, 2018
- MSC Cruises enters ultra-luxury segment - October 19, 2018
- Check in with VA via voice - October 7, 2018
- 5 Fun Facts about Canada - September 6, 2018